Thank you for your interest in joining the NJ Beta Chapter of Tau Beta Pi!
“Tau Beta Pi was created, “to mark in a fitting manner those who have conferred honor upon their Alma Mater by distinguished scholarship and exemplary character as undergraduates in engineering, or by their attainments as alumni in the field of engineering, and to foster a spirit of liberal culture in engineering colleges.” But Tau Beta Pi offers more than just another line on your resume. Since we offer many opportunities to become involved with our chapter and the community, being a member of Tau Beta Pi displays character in addition to scholarship.” [from Iowa Alpha]
Who can join Tau Beta Pi?
Tau Beta Pi collegiate chapters elect men and women who have distinguished themselves with outstanding scholarship and character.
- Students in the upper eighth of their junior engineering class or in the upper fifth of their senior or graduate engineering classes are eligible for consideration for membership in their college’s Tau Beta Pi chapter.
- The second eligibility requirement for Tau Beta Pi membership is good character. A Tau Bate has personal integrity, a wide range of interests, adaptability, and participates unselfishly in community and volunteer activities.
Why should you join?
- Honor your accomplishments and outstanding academic achievements
- Opportunities for leadership development, scholarships, and fellowship opportunities only available for Tau Bates
- Expand your network with distinguished alumni, industry professionals, researchers, and fellow Tau Bates
- Great for your personal resume and distinction when it comes to internship and employment opportunities
- Meet academic criteria (Top fifth of senior class, top eighth of junior class)
- 10 Hours of Community Service
- Attend 2 Tau Beta Pi Events
- TBP Secret Project or Secret Night Attendance
- Interview with TBP Member
- Participation in Induction Ceremony
- $110 One Time Initiation Fee